Love Letters may be outdated but they say so such for so many people who are in love.

Are high school love letters outdated?

November 9, 2020

This topic is love letters, more importantly, if they’re outdated.

Everyone knows about the classic high school love letters given to significant others or someone we admire. With new technologies, confessing feelings to someone you consider special has transferred into “snapping back and forth” or “sliding into your crush’s DMs.” Has this concept of handwritten letters gone out of date or become too old-school?

Love letters have been around for a long time, there is no denying that. Before phones were as common as they are today, writing a special note was one of the only ways to tell your crush how you felt about them. Adults now still keep the love letters that received in high school indicating that the significance of each letter has never faded. “I think itโ€™s a cute way of sharing your feelings with another person, and they can keep and cherish that note forever,” said junior Matthew Comparda. (Full disclosure: Matthew is my boyfriend!)

A love letter can always brighten up someone’s day almost instantly. Just knowing that someone took the time to write a letter specifically to their special person makes them feel special and loved. “I think they (love letters) are sweet and thoughtful,” said junior Myla Bishop.

Some could argue that love letters are the best was of getting your feelings across. Washington High School graduate Tasha Laney said: “I think the world would be a little better off if we got back to writing love letters”

It is fair to say love letters are too special and appreciated to vanish into thin air. These little tokens of appreciation and kindness are near and dear to our hearts and it looks like they’re here to stay.

The Tiger Eye News • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

2

Comments (2)

All The Tiger Eye News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• J

Jennifer CompardaMar 2, 2021 at 2:29 pm

Great story. I’m glad to hear others agree that love letters aren’t outdated. Love letters are such a great keepsake and memory to hold onto.

Reply
  • R

Rosario NailNov 15, 2020 at 12:11 pm

I hope this is something that never goes away, even though I never received one, I always would dream. ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply