Tinder for the Teens

February 18, 2020

As the 2020 Valentine’s Day approaches, online dating apps have seen a rise in participation. The top U.S. ranked dating app was named and Tinder stands at number one. Tinder is widely used and is available in 40 different languages. As of 2014, there were an estimated 50 million people using the app Tinder.  You can have many outcomes with these dating apps, either finding a new boo or just meeting friends. Whether you fall in love or find new people that interest you, there are many reasons people use these apps. You have to be 18 years old in order to create an account on Tinder. This app reaches its peak during the Valentine’s holiday season. Many people search through this app in order to find dates, find a girlfriend/boyfriend, or just someone to allow them to not be lonely on Valentine’s day. In order to find out the amount of people that use Tinder around me, I asked a few people if they have downloaded the app or not. I then furthered my question and asked if these people have downloaded it for the holiday season in particular. Ahead, I will list a series of responses that I have gathered from Washington High School students. Our sources opted out of being named in this article.

We asked a student if they were on the app and they responded, “Yes, I met my ex-boyfriend on Tinder. It’s fun but, don’t ask for money cause you’ll get banned but it’s fun.”

We asked another student if they enjoyed the app. She said “No its not a good app. I use it for when I’m bored. It’s not a good way to meet new people.” However, another student said, “It’s for entertainment but depending on what type of person you are it can be helpful with dating.”

We asked a non-tinder user if they would be open to download the app. She responded, “Yes, because on certain sites you can actually meet people who you can develop a relationship with.”

With the conclusion of these responses, I can easily conclude that Tinder is a very popular and wide-spread app. Another thing that I have learned through these questions is that Tinder’s activity does rise during the time of Valentine’s Day. People use this app for many reasons and some of these end up in success stories and some not. The app was created to make people happy, so enjoy your time swiping and remember to swipe right on a memorable profile!

The Tiger Eye News • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in