A Keto Christmas!
December 20, 2019
The Keto Diet is becoming increasingly popular, but now with the holidays coming up, you know what that means; It’s baking season! For those that are taking part in this diet there are loads of holiday treats they can’t eat.Cookies, fruit cake, and various assortments of pies are some examples of classics at the dinner table. To get into the holiday spirit and eat healthier this holiday season, here are some Keto recipes you should try!
Chocolate Keto Cookies
2 1/2 tbsp. Of butter
3 tbsp. Of keto chocolate chips, divided
1 large egg
1 tsp. Of pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup of blanched almond flour
1/3 cup of confectioners Swerve
3 1/2 tbsp. Of dark unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. Of baking powder
Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a medium-sized bowl, add the butter and half of the chocolate chips. Microwave for 15 to 30 seconds – just enough time to slightly melt.
- Mix the butter and chocolate together until a chocolate sauce forms.
- In a small dish, add and whisk the egg until the yolk combines with the whites. Once it does, add the egg and the vanilla extract to the bowl with the chocolate sauce. Mix again.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients, saving some of the chocolate chips to top the cookies with. Mix until a ball of chocolate cookie dough forms.
- Form 11 equal sized cookies. Add the cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and top each cookie with the remaining chocolate chips. Flatten each cookie with with a spoon or a spatula.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. They should be very soft when they come out of the oven.
- Let the cookies cool down in the baking sheet. As they cool they will set and firm up, then eat and enjoy!
Keto Avocado Brownies
4 large eggs
2 ripe avocados
1/2 c. (1 stick) melted butter
6 tbsp. unsweetened peanut butter
2 tsp. baking soda
2/3 c. keto-friendly granulated sugar (such as Swerve)
2/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Flaky sea salt (this is optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 8”-x-8” square pan with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except flaky sea salt and blend until smooth.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan and smooth top with a spatula. Top with flaky sea salt, if using.
- Bake until brownies are soft, but not at all wet to the touch, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool 25 to 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
These are the perfect treats to add to your dinner table, they’re good and they’re healthy! Happy baking!