IT’S TIME TO “B.O.P.” WITH HARLEY QUINN

Back to Article
Back to Article

IT’S TIME TO “B.O.P.” WITH HARLEY QUINN

Jada Stokes, Tiger Eye News Staff Writer

In February, DC Comic will be releasing a film with a popular female jester, Harley Quinn, who is getting her own feature film with Birds of Prey. This movie is about how Harley Quinn ends her previous relationship with The Joker and ends up joining superheroes Black Canary, Huntress, and Renee Montoya, to save a young girl from the evil crime lord, Black Mask. The movie is directed and written by Cathy Yan and Chistina Hodson.

Birds of Prey was a part of DC Comic book series that was created by Jordan B. Garfinkel and Chuck Dixon in 1996. “I have always read DC Comics and I am thrilled to go see this film,” said Massillon Junior High student Mikaylah Morris. Washington High School senior Kariah Green added: “It looks like a great movie.”

You may be wondering: How did the Birds of Prey begin? In the last film, former Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) was paralyzed from the waist down after being shot by The Joker in her apartment. Then reinvented as Oracle, later she teams up with Black Canary and Huntress which forms the Bird of Prey.

The movie will star Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress, Jurnee Smollett -Bell as Black Canary, Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya, Ella Jay Basco as Cassandra Cain, and will feature Ewan McGregor as Black Mask, and Chris Messina as Victor Zsasz.